[rt-users] Changing the auto reply text "could not load valid user"

Lukáš Loskot l.loskot at seznam.cz
Wed Mar 14 02:09:13 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 01:10:49PM +0100, Luk?? Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have set up the external AUTH to check users to our openLDAP server.
> I don't want our users to write to RT from their personal adreses.
> So far this work perfectly and as I want it to, but the reply message is
> englis and not all users can speak english.
>
> So my question is:
> Where can I change the text of the reply message?
> It is not one of the default templates.
>
> I have tried to search the web but all information I found is about how to
> set the auth and ticket create rights.

You'll need to customize _NoAuthorizedUserFound
You can read about customizing RT at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/wiki/Customizing

-kevin

Thanks for the hint.

For others with the same problem.
You have to edit the file Email.pm (for my instalation located here:
"/usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Interface"
 - find "sub _NoAuthorizedUserFound" and edit the text.

I have one other related question. Tehre are 3 emails sent to the user. I
wasn't able to find any patch or hint how to send only one email if the user
sends request from email that is not in the LDAP.
All answers I found was related to the LDAP settings and problems with
authorizing users at all. But this is not my problem. Authorized users in
LDAP is working perfectly.

Regards
Lukas Loskot