[rt-users] Invalid username

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Mar 14 19:47:08 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:40:52AM +0000, Mario Giammarco wrote:
> Kevin Falcone <falcone <at> bestpractical.com> writes:
> > Where do you try to add them, in what text box.
> > Also, it isn't clear what you mean by adding them to a custom field.
>
> Many places, example:
>
> tools->configuration->queue->select->"general">user rights->
> now on the left you can input an user name. Then I click on checkbox
> "view custom fields value" and immediately "invalid user" appears.

You shouldn't be granting user rights, put the user in a group and
grant group rights.

I believe the autocompleter for user rights may restrict to Privileged
users which may be the problem you're having.  Go search for the user
you're trying to use and ensure that they are Privileged.

If you want to give Unprivileged users the ability to see/edit CFs,
you can grant to Unprivileged directly, or to Requestors of tickets.

-kevin