[rt-users] Open ticket VIA URL (Create.html) without authentication

Seann nombrandue at tsukinokage.net
Wed Mar 14 21:51:25 EDT 2012

All,

I am running the latest version of RT.

I am researching a method that I can use to open a ticket from a web
page not hosted on the RT system I have set up. I would rather not use
email unless I absolutely have to.

The interface I am working on is an Ajax enabled content filter block
page. It has an option to request that a site be unblocked in line to
the page. I want that unblock request to drop into a ticket without the
user interacting with the RT system.

I am using jquery as the core of my JavaScript, which intercepts the
submit button click, and posts the data to RT. Everything works
perfectly, except RT issuing a 302 back to my script, which is due to
authentication (this was validated through a packet capture).

I have two options, to push this create ticket request without
authentication or to figure out how RT expects authentication in
relation to ticket creation requests.

Regards,
Seann