[rt-users] rt-mailgate 302 Error. No, not Plack.

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Mar 15 14:53:09 EDT 2012

On 15 Mar 2012, at 17:44, Jourdan Perla wrote:

> Using 3.8 since there are no RT4 packages for Ubuntu 10.4 LTS. Attempts to manually install RT4 on Lucid would result in a whole 'nother ticket.

I'm running 4.0.5 on Lucid.  Wasn't really a problem; I just don't use the packaged version and let 'make fixdeps' do its thing.  As you say though, waiting for 12.04 to come out is probably sensible, since Dominic *has* packaged rt4 more recently.

At one point I went to the effort of using dh-make-perl to update perl module packages to versions that RT needed, but for my 4.0.5 deployment I just thought "sod it" and took the fixdeps route.

The really hard bit actually was getting SphinxSE to work with the lucid-supplied MySQL server. *that* was painful, and I think if I were doing it again, I wouldn't use the packaged MySQL server either.  Actually, if I were really starting again I wouldn't use MySQL at all.

It's the Siren of databases, seducing you in with its lovely songs and apparent ease of use, and then smashing you to pieces on the rocks. :-/

Tim