[rt-users] Invalid username

Mario mgiammarco at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 15:19:34 EDT 2012

Kevin Falcone <falcone <at> bestpractical.com> writes:

> You shouldn't be granting user rights, put the user in a group and
> grant group rights.

Ok it is the first thing I have tried but my problem was
that unprivileged users
do not see custom fields when they open a ticket. BUT the custom fields
validation is present and so the ticket creation is refused.
It seems a bug to me: you cannot see CF, you cannot fill it,
 but request tracker
give you an error that you have not filled it.

> I believe the autocompleter for user rights may restrict to Privileged
> users which may be the problem you're having.  Go search for the user
> you're trying to use and ensure that they are Privileged.

Will try but my problem is above.

> If you want to give Unprivileged users the ability to see/edit CFs,
> you can grant to Unprivileged directly, or to Requestors of tickets.

Explain better please. I think I have tried all possible combinations of
permissions in the hope to let an unprivileged user to see CFs.

Thanks again!

Mario