[rt-users] Oddity within the RT database

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Mar 20 06:31:49 EDT 2012

On 20 Mar 2012, at 08:26, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:

> Have you tried to delete them in ui?

Is that possible?  These don't show up in the query builder is loadable saved searches - they're the RT::System standard ones, not user or group saved searches.

> Use rt-attributes viewer that is shipped with rt and installed into sbin directory.

I've been using that to investigate them, yes.

> Decide which one you need and just delete an attribute.

From what I can see, both are in use by the various dashboards and things that users have set.  I think I may have to write a script to go through all the Attributes blob, and for these duplicated things set them to one particular one, and only once I've done that can I safely delete the redundant saved search.

> As far as I recall dashboards handle this properly.

If they referred to their saved searches by name, they probably would, but judging by the output of rt-attributes-viewer, they're referring to them by id.

This could be a fun script to write... :-)

Tim