[rt-users] Set colour tickets by priority

Alex Young AlexYoung at HousingPartners.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 13:29:21 EDT 2012

I just updated to RT4.0.5 and managed to get it working.

I used the 'Full featured ColumnMap script' from the wiki:
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/ShowStatusInColor

It's about a 3rd down the page, with a title of RT 3.8.x and written by
me quite a while ago.

Changes the paths to edit the new template and added a new colour for
.statusstalled and that was all the changes needed on my install.

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Tim Cutts
Sent: 29 February 2012 10:35
To: Jeffery, Guy
Cc: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com; Daniel Garcia Mejia
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Set colour tickets by priority

On 29 Feb 2012, at 09:09, Jeffery, Guy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The tutorial doesn't work for me on 4.0.5. I'm also trying to find an
alternative.

> The code I'm putting in
<RTInstallationDir>/local/html/Callbacks/MyCallbacks/Elements/RT__Ticket
/ColumnMap/ColumnMap is being seen, because if I make a deliberate error
it fails to compile, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

> There must be people who have upgraded to 4.0.* who want to keep this
feature, hopefully someone can help us.

I've been struggling with that too.  In fact, it *does* work, in my
hands, but only on additional custom searches that I add to my home page
or to a dashboard.  It doesn't work on the default searches, which
suggests that the code path for those is slightly different, but I
haven't determined in what way they differ.

One place that Wiki entry needs updating, if you look at the underlying
code, is that ColumnMap is the old name for the callback.  It's still
being called for backward compatibility under the old name.  If you want
to use the new name, in RT 4 it's now called Once (for the simple reason
that it only actually needs to be run once, when the perl code is
compiling, to set up your column mappings).

Tim

--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
* Boston  March 5 & 6, 2012