[rt-users] Which mandatory-fields extension to pick ?

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Thu Mar 22 09:34:07 EDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 00:54, Gabriel L. Somlo <gsomlo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to force requestors to fill out the Subject (and possibly
> Content) fields of a new request being opened via the Web U/I.
>
> I noticed several extensions for individual fields being mentioned
> (on CPAN *and* on http://bestpractical.com/rt/extensions.html):
>
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-Extension-MandatorySubject/
> and
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-Extension-MandatoryRequestor/
>
> I also found a generic Mandatory Fields extension:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-Extension-MandatoryFields/
>
> However, the latter isn't mentioned anywhere on bestpractical.com.
>
> I wonder if anyone has any advice -- I'd naturally prefer the latter,
> general-purpose extension, unless the former two have some sort of
> privileged status, better support, a better chance of being integrated
> into RT-proper, etc.

Those extensions are not supported by BestPractical. First two are
very simple demonstrations that can be useful in production as well.
The last one is not listed on the site only cuz it was not tested by
best practical developers to make sure it installs and basic
functionality works as described with latest RT versions. We just had
no time.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.