[rt-users] ExternalAuth to active directory over SSL

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 23 20:06:25 EDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 15:05 -0700, Brent Wiese wrote:
> I noticed in the notes that when you enable SSL/TLS, it invokes
> NET::SSLeay.

This is why RT::Authen::ExternalAuth prompts about "SSL LDAP
Connections" when you run `perl Makefile.PL`.

> Didn’t appear to be installed. I installed via cpan… and now Apache
> seg faults when I try to start it. It’s seg faulting on:

This generally means that you're running mod_perl, and Net::SSLeay is
disagreeing with something else in the system (be it Apache, or your
database handle) which also wants to load the SSL libraries -- and the
libraries are ending up in an inconsistent state.
  As a first step, try disabling Apache's SSL, or switching from
mod_perl to mod_fcgid or mod_fastcgi, and see if it helps.
 - Alex