[rt-users] RT-Extension-FormTools examples

David Good dgood at willingminds.com
Wed Mar 28 13:51:14 EDT 2012

On 3/27/2012 5:36 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 03:08:53PM -0700, David Good wrote:
>>
>> We have an existing RT 3.8.8 instance and our helpdesk manager has
>> noticed that they're creating a lot of similar tickets. We have several
>> custom fields definied and he'd like to be able to create certain
>> pre-defined ticket types that would automatically fill in the
>> appropriate values for these (mandatory) custom fields.
>>
>> I'm thinking that RT-Extension-FormTools will work, but I have no idea
>> how to put together a custom page with it. Are there any examples
>> anywhere I could look at for inspiration?
>
> I'm not sure that's the tool you're looking for.
> RT-Extension-FormTools is for building custom ticket creation forms.
>
> I'd probably modify the QuickCalls extension to support Custom Fields
> and use that to give them a list of "common ticket types". I can't
> remember if it's been updated to support CFs or not, so you might get
> lucky.

You're right -- QuickCalls is exactly what we need.  You can set Custom
Fields as well, you just have to know the field's ID and then to set its
value you'd use 'CustomField-<id>' instead of the field name, like this:

Set($QuickCalls,
    [
        {
            Name   => 'New Account Request',
            Queue  => 'Helpdesk',
            Status => 'open',
            'CustomField-3' => 'Your desired Custom Field value',
            SetOwnerToCurrentUser => 1,
        },
    ]
);

The SetOwnerToCurrentUser option is nice, too.  It should probably be
documented somewhere -- I only found it when I was poking around trying
to figure out how to set Custom Field values.