[rt-users] Multi Queue Management - Tickets copy to other queue

Kenneth Crocker kenn.crocker at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 13:12:12 EDT 2012

Stephane,

RT can handle multiple Queues in several ways. You could, for example,
write a scrip that creates a ticket based on correspondence and some other
criteria.
You could also simply create a "Refers To" ticket and let that ticket
creation send out an email.

Have you read the "Essentials" book? Any other books on RT?

That might help you consider other methods of tweeking RT rather than
assuming it can't do it.

I have modified several RT installations, one with over 110 Queues and they
moved tickets between Queues, Parent/Child relationships, etc.

Give it a shot and see what ideas you can come up with.

Kenn