[rt-users] Fwd: RT 3.8.8 - ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs & RTAddressRegexp issue

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Tue May 1 09:41:05 EDT 2012

On 05/01/2012 04:37 AM, Dan Baines wrote:
> Config is as below (added as a new file within the RT_SiteConfig.d
> folder - was only testing against one queue to start with), I've
> redacted the domain to try to prevent harvesting:
>
> ### start ###
> # CONFIG CHANGES FOR AUTO-ADDING CC ADDRESSES AS REQUESTORS
> # First, enable RT to parse new messages for CC'd addresses
> Set($ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs , 1);
>
> # Now, restrict it from using any addresses on the domain
> Set($RTAddressRegexp , '^[a-z\.\-]+\@<domainname.com>$');
> ### end ###
>
> Have also tried the following entries:
>
> Set($RTAddressRegexp , '^[a-z.-]+\@<domainname.com>$');
> or
> Set($RTAddressRegexp , '^noc\-tasks@<domainname.com>$');
> or:
> Set($RTAddressRegexp , '^noc-tasks@<domainname.com>$');

Please show us the actual config, not a censored version with
<domainname.com> in it.  Otherwise we can't actually say whether or not
your regex is wrong since you may have censored the incorrect part.

Please also include an example email as sent to RT that exhibits the
problem for you so we can see the address it's supposed to match.

Thomas