[rt-users] msmtp setup, no logfile?

Scott Sjodin scott.sjodin at gmail.com
Wed May 2 06:25:14 EDT 2012

Hey everyone,

So with a lot of generous support from this community, I have bumbled my
way through into setting up rt-4.0.5. I have it running on Ubuntu 11.04
with fetchmail successfully pulling mail down and piping it into RT. My
last step is to setup msmtp. I followed this helpful guide to the letter
for setting up msmtp: http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/Msmtp

I've confirmed that www-data owns both files (msmtp_wrapper.conf and
msmtp_wrapper) and the appropriate permissions are set (per the
instructions).

Yet, when I send a test mail, it shows up in RT but I don't get anything.
When I look in the /var/log directory, I don't even see msmtp.log. I have a
feeling I'm doing something wrong. Any insight?

Thanks!

My msmtp_wrapper.conf looks like this:
*
*
*defaults*
*logfile /var/log/msmtp.log*
*account default*
*host smtp.example.com*
*port 587*
*tls on*
*auth on*
*user support at example.com*
*password suparsekrat*
*auto_from on*
*
*
My msmtp_wrapper executable looks like this:

*#!/bin/bash*
* /usr/bin/msmtp -t -C /opt/rt4/etc/msmtp_wrapper.conf*
* /usr/bin/logger -t RTmailer -p syslog.info -- CALL /usr/bin/msmtp -nt
"$@" RETURNED $?*