[rt-users] Auto Create a child ticket via RT scripts available from Queue Management page

Joe Kirby kirby at umbc.edu
Sat May 5 08:31:38 EDT 2012

I have a situation where I need, upon creation of a ticket in a queue, to create a child ticket in a different queue (actually I need to create 2 child tickets)

I looked at the ForkIntoNewTicket contribution and I am not 100% sure how to use this script.

I work in the area under scripts for the Queue which is all inside of RT and was hoping I could create a script condition of OnCreate with a User Defined action but this seems to be much more complicated

I do have someone on the web team who gives me some support (outside of my area) but I wanted to see if there are any options out there before I get him involved as he does not have many spare cycles for this kind of work.

I am on 3.8.7 moving to 4.0.5 in June

I do not need the ticket to cascade attachments and I could even have it force a requestor if that makes it easier. The subject is my main concern after linking.

My main goal is to create 2 tickets which are linked to the original ticket but in different queues

My lack of web programming is most likely my impediment here and if that is the case I will take the advise of the group and explore with the web developer

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe Kirby ,  Assistant Vice President, Business Systems
Division of Information Technology (DoIT)
Support Response -   http://www.umbc.edu/doit
Administration 627
Office - 410-455-3020
Email - kirby at umbc.edu