[rt-users] Errors with exim Mail

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Tue May 8 10:48:29 EDT 2012

Hi,

It's hard to tell what's wrong. Basicly what happens is that exim
closed input stream while RT still was printing mail to the stream.
Probably exim printed something about the problem to STDERR or STDOUT.
If it's STDERR then there is good chance it ended in apache's log. If
STDOUT then it's somewhere in wild. You have more chances to find
reason in exim's logs. Increasing logging in exim is good way to
start. You just have to match entries in one log to other log.

If it's not helpful then the only way is to use IPC::Run3 or similar
module in lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm where exim is executed. In this
case it's possible to catch STDERR and STDOUT and put them into RT
logs. We may even accept good patch that does this.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.