[rt-users] Fwd: Queue-specific message box contents

Ram ram0502 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 14:40:57 EDT 2012

Anyone?
thanks

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ram <ram0502 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Subject: [rt-users] Queue-specific message box contents
To: rt-users <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>

Hey folks,
I found this delightful post suggesting a trivial solution to fill a
need I have - pre-filling text areas for comment/reply messages on a
queue by queue basis. After following the instructions the template
was used to pre-populate the text area exactly as described however
any changes made to that text were discarded when the comment was
posted leaving me with the contents of the template as the contents of
the comment.

Any ideas?
thanks
ram

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 08:50:35AM -0500, Brian P. Bilbrey wrote:
> My goal: I've got a change management queue. When I create a new ticket in the
> web interface for this queue, I want the MessageBox (comment) field
> pre-populated with text headers like these:

[snip]

> Does anyone have any guidance for me?

We do exactly this, using a callback which I've attached to this message.

You should install it in your local mason root as

Callbacks/DefaultCreateContent/Ticket/Create.html/Default

This is based on

<http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/CannedReplies>
but rather simpler. Once you've installed the callback, any queues which
has a template called DefaultCreateTemplate will have the content appear
in the create ticket form.

Hopefully you can get what you want either from this, or from other
ideas on the wiki.

Cheers,
Dominic.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team