[rt-users] Auto expiring tickets, is it possible?

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Fri May 11 09:41:03 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 5:35 PM, Chris Hall <hiro24 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have a new customer that requested if they call in for their ticket to be
> left open until close of business.  I know we could just have our techs who
> use RT close the ticket at the end of the day, but with all the other stuff
> they are dealing with, they asked if there was a more automated way of doing
> that.
>
> So, is there a way to set a time limit on a ticket, so that it will like...
> auto change to resolved state at a given time.. like 5pm or something?

You can do this with rt-crontool. If you can construct a search query
that selects tickets that should be resolved then it's doable without
any additional code.

Recent RT versions have SetStatus action that take status in argument.
RT::Search::FromSQL.

There are plenty of examples on wiki. Documentation of the script is good.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.