[rt-users] Check custom field value before create.

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Fri May 11 16:28:17 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM, Jonathan Khattir
<jonathan.khattir at mobiquithings.net> wrote:

> Hi, I would like check if there are a custom field value in a custom field
> before create the ticket. I think that use the beforecreate callbacks but i
> don't know  how getting custom field value. Thx
> I'm French

To check (CF1 OR CF2 OR CF3) you have to use custom code.

There are several extensions on CPAN that contain RT and Mandatory
words, for example RT-Extension-MandatorySubject. These are excellent
points to start this code.

For new tickets CFs are passed with very long argument names -
RT::Ticket-new-CustomField-xxxx-Value. Use Data::Dumper to see all
arguments in request to get an idea of what to search for.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.