[rt-users] Installing RT 4.0.5 on Ubuntu 10.04

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Thu May 17 05:05:12 EDT 2012

Hi RT Users;

I have RT 3.6.5 installed on an Ubuntu Server 8.04 box. It was
installed via the package manager and 3.6.5 it the newest version
available within the package manager. I would like to upgrade RT so
moving to 4.0.5, the latest version, seems like the most optimal
choice to me. I must keep all existing data though, otherwise it would
be a pointless exercise for me.

So my questions to you knowledgeable folks are as follows;

Can 3.6.5 on Ubuntu 8.04 be updated to 4.0.5? I assume it would be
best to set up a new instance of RT and I have an Ubuntu Server 10.04
box to hand so I could install 4.0.5 there. Once done, can the data
from 3.6.4 be migrated across so I can continue as normal?

Also, I can't find any good reference on line to people running 4.0.5
on Ubuntu Server 10.04 (and the Wiki is out dated), is anyone doing
this? Did you compile from source? Looking at my package manager 3.8
is the available version.

Many thanks for your time all.

James.