[rt-users] Getting Request Tracker to stick to HTTPS

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Thu May 17 08:47:35 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Matt Brennan <brennanma at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is how I do this. In my RT_SiteConfig.pm I have:
>
> Set($WebBaseURL,
>     'https://'
>     . RT->Config->Get('WebDomain')
> );
>
> All traffic on my RT instance is done via HTTPS. I also have an Apache
> rewrite rule in case someone navigates to HTTP instead (as users often do).

You don't need this. WebDomain, WebPort and WebPath is enough in most cases.
As documentation in versions says you set WebBaseURL or other options only
in very specific cases, for example when you want to server RT over HTTPS
from port 10000.

Topic starter needs CanonicalizeRedirectURLs option. He uses reverse proxy. By
default for redirects RT guesses a few bits from ENV variables (set by
web server).
This allows you to run the same RT instance with multiple entry points. However,
if you have something in front of RT then this guessing doesn't work.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.