[rt-users] Show a Queue's description instead of its name...

April Rosenberg aprilr at yelp.com
Thu May 17 15:55:11 EDT 2012

Good Morning,

I have been setting up some new queue’s in our RT instance as multiple
departments will use this.  I wanted to use names like IT_Helpdesk and
HR_Inbound for my queues, but that is a little unfriendly for my users.  I
was wonder if there was a way to change which name is displayed when the
queue name is displayed, if it can use the description?  I found,
http://www.dice.inf.ed.ac.uk/units/user_support/docs/rt/rt-mods.html#QL1,
but that seems to be about an older build and not complete.  I am using
4.0.5 on Ubuntu Lucid.  Has anyone done this?  Thanks!

April

PS.  Sorry if this is a duplicate, I didn’t get the message through the
list so I was concerned I hadn’t sent it correctly.