[rt-users] Installing RT 4.0.5 on Ubuntu 10.04

Paul O'Rorke paul at paulororke.net
Thu May 17 16:35:02 EDT 2012

I've exactly this scenario and have for months been trying to find the
time to do pretty much exactly this.

I'm on 6.8.4 and was going to move to 4.0.4.  Now it's 4.0.5 and I'm
still running 3.8.4 because everything has to be done in 'one fell
swoop'.  I did manage to get the data migrated into 4.0.4 and working at
one point but I have custom statuses and have not yet managed to
understand the new 'Life Cycle' set up.  So close and yet so far.  I had
to turn 3.8.4 back on before I could complete the 4.0.4.

This is not a critical upgrade for us but would be nice.  I get a lot of
flack from programmers and management about the UI and usability,
especially HTML formatting and bloated tickets with responses on each
post.  Management insist that we keep the full thread of a conversation
in every email so RT rapidly gets loaded with repeated information.  I'm
keen to see how 4.0.5 with it's Google style conversation display works.

After a break of several months I had another crack at this yesterday
and may yet get this done.  If I do I'd be more that happy to share my
notes with you.