[rt-users] How do I override a default scrip?

Bill Cole rtusers-20090205 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sat May 19 00:06:49 EDT 2012

On 18 May 2012, at 18:40, Paul Tomblin wrote:

> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>
> wrote:
>> <rtusers-20090205 at billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:
>>> Another option is to modify the Global Scrip with a User Defined
>>> Condition
>>> that returns 0 if the Queue is one that you want to exempt.
>>
>> How do I programmatically add one of these User Defined Conditions to
>> an existing RT Global Scrip?  (Preferably something that I can do in
>> my etc/initialdata)
>
> Oh wait, I could do that with an overlay, couldn't I?

Um, maybe YOU could, but I sure wouldn't try it that way...

Scrips are configuration data, not program code. This sort of Condition
is going to reference specific Queues in your instance, so you really
want it in the database where you can easily tweak it and where there's
no way for it to conflict with the next minor version of RT.