[rt-users] Config of own plugin

Alexander Reintzsch Alexander.Reintzsch at netsystem.de
Wed May 23 03:16:22 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

I am using RT 4.0.6.
I wrote a plug-in which needs some variables to be set in the config file.
So I created a file
/opt/rt4/local/RTx-MYPLUGIN/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm
It looks like that:

Set($MyVar, 'SomeValue');
1;

The plug-in is activated in /opt/rt4/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm with
Set(@Plugins,(qw(RTx::MYPLUGIN)));

The plug-in works fine, but the config is being ignored.
So, I have two options.
1) Add the lines from /opt/rt4/local/RTx-MYPLUGIN/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm to /opt/rt4/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm

2) create a symlink
cd /opt/rt4/etc
ln -s /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RTx-MYPLUGIN/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm MYPLUGIN_Config.pm

My questions are the following.
How can I rewrite the plug-in so that the config in local/plugin/RTx-MYPLUGIN/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm will be used when I include the plug-in?
Where do I have to put this file?
What other options do I have besides 1) and 2)?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Greetings,

--
Alexander Reintzsch