[rt-users] emails on ticket updates not being sent in 4.0.6

Niall Wilson niall.wilson at ichec.ie
Wed May 23 12:15:27 EDT 2012

On 23 May 2012, at 16:33, Thomas Sibley wrote:

> On 05/23/2012 11:25 AM, Niall Wilson wrote:
>> On 23 May 2012, at 16:20, Thomas Sibley wrote:
>>> Please keep replies on the list, thanks.
>
> Niall— Again, please send your replies to rt-users.  I subscribe and
> will see your messages.  If you don't reply to the list, other users
> can't benefit from our discussion or chime in with info.

oops, apologies for that.

>> Ahh, OK. Maybe exim verbose mode so.
>
> Yes, that would be useful.  I'd expect errors in your mail logs if
> /usr/bin/sendmail is bailing with a generic error.

So it looks like the reason is that sendmail (exim) isn't receiving a recipient address:

Bounce emails to the rt user on each event contain:
"A message that you sent contained no recipient addresses, and therefore no delivery could be attempted."

However, if I change $MailCommand to 'sendmail' instead of 'sendmailpipe' (and remove the -t arg from $SendmailArguments) email updates work again.

Not sure what the difference between these two methods is but Set($MailCommand , 'sendmail'); has fixed the issue for me.

niall.