[rt-users] emails on ticket updates not being sent in 4.0.6

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed May 23 14:29:00 EDT 2012

On 05/23/2012 01:54 PM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
>> What's in your mail logs?
>
> Absolutely nothing worthwhile :(
>
> Just a bunch of angry users with broken RT mail from a security
> patch.

We obviously didn't run across this problem in testing, and we're
working to try and replicate it now.

> BTW, as an aside, these are completely conflicting pieces of
> information:

Not quite.

>   Note that you should remove the '-t' from C<$SendmailArguments>
>   if you use 'sendmail' rather than 'sendmailpipe'

If you set $MailCommand to 'sendmail' you should remove -t from
SendmailArguments.

>   These arguments are good for sendmail brand sendmail 8 and newer
>   C<Set($SendmailArguments,"-oi -t -ODeliveryMode=b -OErrorMode=m");>

This suggestion is assuming you're using $MailCommand eq 'sendmailpipe'.
 Putting the two together, if you're using sendmail brand sendmail AND
MailCommand eq 'sendmail' (not a given!), you should use
SendmailArguments '-oi -ODeliveryMode=b -OErrorMode=m'.

These are neither here nor there for this issue though.

Thomas