[rt-users] Link from custom field

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Thu May 24 04:59:39 EDT 2012

We've just upgraded from 3.8.8. to 4.0.5.

We have one custom field on tickets of "select one value", which we use to
identify which of our clients raised the ticket.

In 3.8.8, I had set a link on the custom field so that it would display a
list of all unresolved tickets for this client. I did that by searching
for such tickets for one client, copying the URL and replacing the client
name with __CustomFiel__, and that worked fine.

Following the same steps with 4.0.5 (with the query recreated), it doesn't
work so well. The resulting display lists the tickets as expected, but
doesn't include their ID number (despite that being present in the
manually-run query), and the links from the ticket subject all link to one
ticket.

Clearly my logic in creating the custom field link is broken.

What would be the best way of linking a custom field to all unresolved
tickets with that custom field value?

Thanks,
Keith
--
"You can have everything in life you want if you help enough other people
get what they want" - Zig Ziglar.

Who did you help today?