[rt-users] Problems after upgrade from 3.8.8 to 4.0.6

Max McGrath mmcgrath at carthage.edu
Thu May 24 15:50:52 EDT 2012

Hi All -

Just upgraded from 3.8.8 to 4.0.6 this morning.  Was kind of a tough
upgrade so I ended up doing a lot of different things during the upgrade
and I confused myself.  The problem I have now is that I'm not entirely
sure where RT is getting it's config settings from.  Somethings seem to
come from /opt/rt4/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm others don't.  I have some custom
things in /opt/rt4/local/html/Elements/ and those don't seem to be working.

When I go out to *Tools --> Configuration --> Tools --> System Configuration
* I am receiving the following error:

An internal RT error has occurred. Your administrator can find more details
in RT's log files.

/opt/rt4/var/log doesn't have anything in it -- and neither does
/opt/rt3_bak/var/log (this is where 3.8.8 resided).  As I said, I did many
things and directories may not be properly in place....

Any advice??
--
Max McGrath
Network Administrator