[rt-users] Slow performance - 4.0.4 with PostgreSQL installed from Ubuntu 12.04 packages

David X. Glover dxg at physics.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 28 09:15:48 EDT 2012

We're running RT 4.0.4 on PostgreSQL, both installed from the Ubuntu 12.04 repository.

It's working just fine, but the performance is poor. Updating tickets with comments or replies is particularly slow. Read-performance seems to be fine, only making changes is slow.

Historically, we've run RT 3.6.5 on MySQL, and initially this had poor performance because of missing indexes. Our new RT 4 install is a fresh installation - not an upgrade, with a new database. Are there any known missing indexes on RT+PostgreSQL when installing from the Ubuntu packages?

If not, what's the best way to start diagnosing what's eating up the most time?

--
David X. Glover
IT Support, Physics