[rt-users] RT 4 Upgrade Slow Performance

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Tue May 29 18:31:17 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 2:01 AM, Darren Nickerson <darren at dazza.org> wrote:

> On May 29, 2012, at 5:56 PM, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
>

> How many users do you have in the owner dropdown in search builder?
>

> Only 10. And the next time I load this page (and with each attempt
> immediately after) the number is much healthier:
>
> =Mason= localhost -
> /Elements/SelectOwnerDropdown {{{

[snip]

> But if I wait a few minutes and try again, it will be slow again.
>

> Can you write a script that sums numbers after ShowUserVerbose to make
> sure problem in number of users and not something in
> SelectOwnerDropdown?
>

> I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time even understanding what you mean there ...
> I therefore conclude it's something I would NOT be able to do.

Hi Daren,

No need to write anything. I've misread the cut from the log.

In your case I suspect slow query. Enable SQL logging in RT, wait
until it's slow, go to Build.html page, get slow SQL from logs and
send EXPLAIN to the list in different conversation thread. As
alternative just enable logging of slow queries in mysql.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.