[rt-users] Too Many Notifications for Approvals

Jennifer Koermer JKoermer at prg.com
Thu May 31 13:24:32 EDT 2012

Hello,

We are using RT 3.8.4.  We've implemented approvals, and in general think it is working.  We have the following issue however:

Approval has been approved and the ticket is set to resolved.
Another approver sends an email comment which opens the approval.
The owner is sent an email using the template "New Pending Approval".  The approve again, tickets resolves, ticket reopens, and a new email using "New Pending Approval" gets sent...needless to say we have some frustrated users.

Is there a way to just block the "New Pending Approval"?  When the ticket is created, an email is automatically sent.  We are not using multiple approvals and cannot see where the NewPending.pm approval would be used in our situation.
It looks like NewPending.pm is what is creating the email using that approval.  Can I just delete lib/RT/ Approval/Rule/NewPending.pm?

Best Regards,

Jennifer Koermer