[rt-users] Monthly reports with REST (timeout)

Ignacio Vazquez ivazquez at desdelaconsola.es
Fri Nov 2 09:44:40 EDT 2012

My solution:
save a session cookie using wget like is explained in
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/REST:

	wget  --keep-session-cookies \
	 --save-cookies cookies.txt \
	 --post-data 'user=UUUU&pass=PPPP' \
	 http://my.rt.server

	The cookie is saved under "cookies.txt"

Build the desired Search in the web and click on "Show results".
Copy the entire URL and paste in the file "url.txt" (this is for
avoiding problems with escaping characters in further wget usage).
Execute:
	# wget -qO - --no-check-certificate --load-cookies cookies.txt -i
url.txt |grep -m 1 Found
	<title>Found 25,545 tickets</title>

So, all we need to do now is a script that modifies the date with the
desired date in the url file and send the results via email.

Ignacio.