[rt-users] Doing scrips in the background?

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Mon Nov 5 10:40:09 EST 2012

I have a custom workflow which uses a custom web interface.  When the user
clicks the "Submit" button, the interface creates a "Master" ticket, and
then a bunch of sub-tickets, the number of which varies depending what
services they are requesting.  The users are complaining that the process
of submitting is taking too long.  If I were to move the sub-ticket
creation into an "On Create" scrip to run in TransactionBatch, would that
help the "Master" ticket creation return faster, or would the
Ticket->Create not return until the scrip ran and finished?

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin
http://careers.stackoverflow.com/ptomblin