[rt-users] DateTime custom field display issues

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Nov 6 13:55:31 EST 2012

On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 09:27:04PM +0100, Alek Cesarz wrote:
> rt-users-request at lists.bestpractical.com pisze, W dniu 2012-10-29 17:00:
> > hello everyone,
> > some time ago I asked my team member to investigate problem with display
> > format of DateTime custom fields, but unfortunately he failed - so I
> > have to fix it myself... ((-:
> > I am using a few DateTime fields to mark some actions. they are rendered
> > correctly in Ticket preview/summary but in searches they are shown in
> > default ISO/UTC format.
>
> has anyone seen this issue in you installations or am I the only case?

I suspect you're running into the problem that the search result formats
are just printing out the value of the custom field, not running it
through the formatters. I thought there was a bug open about using the
more standard renderers for CFs in 4.2, but I can't easily find it.

You'll find the relevant code in Elements/ColumnMap (search for
CustomField), and you could use a callback to fix your CFs locally
until such time as they're sorted out in core.

-kevin