[rt-users] RT 4.0.8 still not receiving incoming tickets via email on ubuntu

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Mon Nov 19 15:30:50 EST 2012

On 11/19/2012 12:27 PM, testwreq wreq wrote:
> We are a small setup. I would like to avoid setting up the extra fetch
> mail step. All outgoing emails from RT server are working. Emails sent
> into RT from exchange server (inbound via email) are not working. They
> are not reaching the RT server.
>
> Any ideas about troubleshooting this will be appreciated.

Read your local RT mail server logs, and provide them to the list if you
don't know what's happening.

Read your Exchange server logs.

Confirm that mail gets from Exchange to the local RT mail server.  If
not, fix that.

Confirm that mail gets from the local RT mail server to rt-mailgate and
then RT itself.  Test by sending mail locally on the RT server using
/usr/sbin/sendmail.