[rt-users] RT 4.08 on Apache 2 won't load

Guy Baxter gmbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 13:03:07 EST 2012

Hi,

I've installed 4.0.8 on CentOS 6.3, satisfied all dependencies etc, run the
web installer to get things started, but I can't actually get my RT pages
to load. I've tried using all of the apache options on web_deployment on
the installation pages at bestpractical.com but with no luck.

using mod_fcgi and mod_fcgid I get 404 not found, with a corresponding log
entry in /var/log/httpd/error.log of:

File does not exist: /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi
The file does exist, and won't start manually even when invoked from sbin
with ./

Trying the mod_perl apache setup results in Apache failing to start:

Undefined subroutine &main::. called. END failed-- call queue aborted.
(/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT.pm:341)

Any ideas - this has got me totally stuck!

Thanks in advance.