[rt-users] Terminating rt-server.fcgi gracefully

Sebastian Flothow flothow at gip.com
Mon Nov 26 08:52:16 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm running RT 4.0.7 under Apache/mod_fastcgi.

So far I've resorted to a simple "killall rt-server.fcgi" to restart the
RT processes whenever I change RT_SiteConfig.pm, but there is probably
some risk of killing a process mid-transaction, which I want to avoid.

Is there a way to have rt-server.fcgi terminate gracefully, i.e. such
that any currently running request is completed before exiting?

perldoc rt-server.fcgi unfortunately only provides documentation for
standalone mode, not FCGI mode.

Thanks,
Sebastian