[rt-users] Problem setting up RT after changing hostname

Anton Roth Anton_Roth at gmx.de
Tue Nov 27 09:52:11 EST 2012

Hi,

I have a problem with my ticket system. It was hosted on a private laptop,
connected to via DynDNS. For some reason, one colleague's PC had a different
domain when used, and RT errored out every time he wanted to do something on
a ticket.

Now I changed the config files, and am stuck at "You haven't yet configured
your webserver to run RT. You appear to have installed RT's web interface
correctly, but haven't yet configured your web server to "run" the RT server
which powers the web interface. The next step is to edit your webserver's
configuration file to instruct it to use RT's mod_perl or FastCGI handler.
If you need commercial support, please contact us at
sales at bestpractical.com.", and I cannot figure out why.

Here are the three files in question:

httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost mydomain.dnsdynamic.com>

                AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

	DocumentRoot "/opt/rt4/share/html"
	<Location />
		Order allow,deny
		Allow from all

		SetHandler modperl
		PerlResponseHandler Plack::Handler::Apache2
		PerlSetVar psgi_app /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server
	</Location>
	<Perl>
		use Plack::Handler::Apache2;
		Plack::Handler::Apache2->preload("/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server");
	</Perl>
</VirtualHost>

RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set( $rtname, "MyDomain");

Set( $LogToFile, 'debug');
Set( $LogToFileNamed, 'rt.log');
Set( $LogDir, '/opt/rt4/var/log');

Set($WebDomain, "mydomain.dnsdynamic.com");
Set( $WebPath, '');

/etc/apache2/sites-available/default:

<VirtualHost *:80>
        AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
	DocumentRoot "/opt/rt4/share/html/"
	<Directory />
		Order allow,deny
		Allow from all
	</Directory>
	<Directory /var/www/>
		Order allow,deny
		Allow from all
	</Directory>
        <Location />
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
                SetHandler modperl
                PerlResponseHandler Plack::Handler::Apache2
                PerlSetVar psgi_app /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server
        </Location>
        <Perl>
                use Plack::Handler::Apache2;
                Plack::Handler::Apache2->preload("/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server");
        </Perl>
	ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
	<Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
		AllowOverride None
		Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
		Order allow,deny
		Allow from all
	</Directory>

	ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log

	# alert, emerg.
	LogLevel warn

	CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

    Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
    <Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
        Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
    </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

It used to work, but I cannot get it to work again, does anyone have an idea
what may be wrong here?

Thanks,
Anton