[rt-users] Incorrect version when building from git repository

John Kelsh jkelsh at netspot.com.au
Fri Oct 5 03:16:09 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I thought that it would be best to build RT from the git repository for convenience and the ability to rebase our customisations onto new versions when they are released.

However when I clone the Github repository, checkout the rt-4.0.7 tag, and build from there I end up with RT "3.9-EXPORTED" instead of "4.0.7".

Can anyone explain why this is the case?

It also appears that the tar files available from downloads.bestpratical.com differ significantly than those generated directly through Github, the Github file shares the same "3.9-EXPORTED" version while the best practical file is 4.0.7.

Thanks,

--
John Kelsh
Applications & Systems Administrator