[rt-users] Setting owner with _Set breaks queries (may be a bug)

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Tue Oct 9 13:14:44 EDT 2012

On 10/05/2012 08:15 AM, Scotto Alberto wrote:
> Very interesting, thank you! Now I understand the relationships. So I
> think I should correct all the _Set I've used all around in my custom
> scrips :(

Yes, rarely is _Set the right answer.

> To verify if it finds the errors caused by _Set I searched in the
> ouput for "2985", which is the number of a ticket affected by the
> issue. I also searched for "12626", the ID of the owner group
> associated with that ticket. But none of them are there.

rt-validator does not validate or fix this problem.  There's a comment
in the code:

    # XXX: check that owner is only member of owner role group

> PS: (OT) if at every moment the Owner is one and only one, I wonder
> why you defined a group for role Owner. Maybe in order to have a
> history of past owners? Or for some code consistency?

All access control in RT is based on groups (even individual users have
equivalence groups containing only them).  The reason Owner is a column
on the Tickets table is for historical reasons, performance, and
convenience.