[rt-users] postgres 9.2.1, RT 4.0.5 - RT couldn't connect to database

Mike James mjames at profitpoint.com
Tue Oct 16 17:56:49 EDT 2012

Haha, it's nice to have a laugh after beating my head against this most of the pm.

Well, I ran "make initialize-database" and it completed successfully. The rt4 database exists, as does rt_user.
If I su to rt_user, I can do this:

[root at tracker ~]# su -l rt_user
[rt_user at tracker ~]$ psql -d rt4 -U rt_user
psql (9.2.1)
Type "help" for help.

rt4=> \q

As the postgres user, I GRANT'ed ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE rt4 TO rt_user;

But apache still won't start :)