[rt-users] spawn-fcgi and rt-server.fcgi fail

Alex Hanselka alex at darkdna.net
Wed Oct 17 14:57:18 EDT 2012

Hi guys!

I've searched the googles and found a similar issue but the result
didn't work.  When I try to run spawn-fcgi it fails with exit code 255.
If I try to run rt-server.fcgi with the --port option, it says that the
port is in use no matter the port I choose.  The similar issue I found
on the mailing list turned out to be a permissions problem but all my
permissions appear to be correct on /opt/rt4/var/mason_data. The
spawn-fcgi command I used was "spawn-fcgi -u nginx -g nginx -a 127.0.0.2
-p 9090 -- /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi".  If I run rt-server it works
just fine.  The log file set to debug gives little useful information,
specifically it only complains about the AddressRegex that I am not
ready to set yet.  Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

Alex