[rt-users] Change text in tickts using database

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Oct 19 11:36:53 EDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 10:41:48AM +0200, Juanjo wrote:
>    I need edit to change some characterset. I migrate from mysql to postgresql. And some local
>    character (spaniard character) text are now showhing proper.
>
>    I wan*t to mantain the Actually encondig and Collate. To make that, i think that is enought to
>    only change a string like u to my spaniard character.
>
>    Run this sctipt on the rtdb database using pgAdmin 3.
>
>    update attachments set content = replace(content, 'u', '*')

If you do run this, please make sure if you report any bugs in the
future to mention that you did a conversion from mysql to pg and then
massaged the data by hand.  It'll help us know that much of the data
shouldn't be trusted.

If I were you, I'd be trying to make the mysql -> pg conversion part
work without needing the massage afterwards.  That just seems fraught
with peril.

-kevin