[rt-users] Size of the database.

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Oct 19 11:40:32 EDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 03:57:35PM +0100, Tim Cutts wrote:

> On 19 Oct 2012, at 15:40, Albert Shih <Albert.Shih at obspm.fr> wrote:
> > When I start RT I make a big mistake, I choose mysql as database (instead
> > postgresql). I loose the feature to search inside of the ticket. But well
> > it's the past.
>
> You can implement full text searches by using Sphinx. It's a bit of a
> faff, but it can be made to work. I have it working here. And
> presumably we'll be able to do it without Sphinx once RT works
> properly with MySQL 5.6, so don't despair.

A note on this.  Several of us are eagerly awaiting the native support
hitting a non-milestone/rc release and perf testing it. Hopefully it'll
then start trickling into the various packaging systems and we can
figure out how to support it in a future version of RT.

We're running sphinx quite happily internally on a few RTs.

-kevin