[rt-users] Web-UI navigation question

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Oct 22 12:54:08 EDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 05:30:46PM -0500, Robert Nesius wrote:
> Both myself and fellow RT Users have noticed the following little quirk in
> navigating the UI.
>
> * While looking at a list of tickets (like My Tickets), we click on a
> ticket.
> * We resolve the ticket.
> * RT updates the view and says the ticket is solved.
>
> What would be mega handy is a link here "Back to previous list view" or
> something.  But instead what we have to do is navigate to the top of RT and
> then click on My Tickets to get back to the list we had before.  I'm on
> 4.0.3 - anyone know if this has been streamlined in later releases?  Or if
> there's a way to accomplish this that I haven't figured out yet?  I tried
> making a saved search and a dashboard, but I still need multiple clicks to
> get to the list view I want.

If you click on the header for My Tickets to get a full listing and
then click on a ticket, you'll tell RT "This search is my current
search" and if you hover over Tickets, you'll see a number of links
for next/prev first/last and for seeing the whole result again.

Unfortunately, clicking on a ticket from the homepage isn't enough to
trigger the "this is my current search" behavior.

-kevin