[rt-users] RES: Strange CLI Date Output

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Oct 25 12:24:34 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 04:12:27PM +0000, Diaulas Castro wrote:
> Another item i checked,
>   Made sql search on database and the fields are equal, justo on CLI I got  parsedate error, on web interface all tickets display ok.

There's unlikely to be anything wrong in the database.

> root at rt:~# locale
> LANG=pt_BR.ISO-88591
> LANGUAGE=
> LC_CTYPE="pt_BR.ISO-88591"
> LC_NUMERIC="pt_BR.ISO-88591"
> LC_TIME="pt_BR.ISO-88591"
> LC_COLLATE="pt_BR.ISO-88591"
> LC_MONETARY="pt_BR.ISO-88591"
> LC_MESSAGES="pt_BR.ISO-88591"
> LC_PAPER="pt_BR.ISO-88591"
> LC_NAME="pt_BR.ISO-88591"
> LC_ADDRESS="pt_BR.ISO-88591"
> LC_TELEPHONE="pt_BR.ISO-88591"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="pt_BR.ISO-88591"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="pt_BR.ISO-88591"
> LC_ALL=pt_BR.ISO-88591

I asked about your locale settings because they're likely the source of
the problem.  bin/rt would have to know how to parse dates formatted
in pt_BR and it does not.  If you unset your LCs or set them all to C
I bet you don't see the problem.  Fixing this looks quite hard without
bloating bin/rt

-kevin