[rt-users] chgrp error during make upgrade

Pollard, James R jim.pollard at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 26 15:51:06 EDT 2012

Odd, checking RT_Config.pm shows what I thought which was just straight ./configure with no arguments.  More checks show I've never run httpd as anything but apache but the ./configure file from 4.04 release also assumes www.  But it worked in my previous install.  Here's what I did to get it going now, just for reference in case there are other CentOS users out there.

perl -MCPAN -e 'install CPAN'

yum install gd gd-devel

service httpd stop

./configure --with-web-group=apache

make upgrade

make upgrade-database

The upgrade changed permissions on /opt/rt4/var/mason_data/obj so I ended up having to run

chown -R apache:apache /opt/rt4/var/mason_data/obj

to fix that, then

rm -fr /opt/rt4/var/mason_data/obj

and

service httpd restart