[rt-users] Monthly reports with REST (timeout)

Ignacio Vazquez ivazquez at desdelaconsola.es
Wed Oct 31 07:26:28 EDT 2012

Hi all,
I've been generating monthly reports with a crontab script that
includes a line like this:
/opt/rt3/bin/rt list "created >= '2012-04-01' AND status != 'rejected'
AND Queue = 'whatever' AND (owner = 'user1' OR owner = 'user2')" |
grep -v "No matching results." | wc -l
As you can see, I'm only interested in the total number of tickets.
I've find out that with a large number of possible results, I get a
timeout so 0 tickets are returned.

However, using the web search, because of the paginated displays, the
search is much faster and also the web shows how many items are in the
whole list with a line "Found: xxx tickets".

My intention is still using an automated way to obtain the numbers.
I've been reading the REST documentation and there is no way to query
only for totals.

Any ideas?

Ignacio.