[rt-users] started dates in RT 3.8

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Sep 7 11:55:20 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 02:54:38PM +0200, Tobias Ramin wrote:
> New tickets don't have values for started set. This is as expected,
> but it should be set, when a comment is made or an answer is sent.
> When a new ticket is replied, the started date is not set. Even
> after commenting the ticket afterwards, the date is not set.
> When a different new ticket is commented, the started date is set
> correctly.
> This still happens in RT 3.8.13.

Started is set when a ticket transitions from an initial state to
an active or inactive state.  The most common of these would be new ->
open.  I suspect you're running into the case that a Reply triggers
the On Correspon Open Tickets Scrip which transitions the ticket from
new to open, setting Started.  A Comment does not trigger this scrip,
does not change the status and thus does not set Started.

You could add a scrip for On Comment Open Tickets, but be aware of the
other behavior that'll add (a comment will flip a ticket from resolved
or stalled to open, whereas before it wouldn't).

-kevin