[rt-users] Problems with Scrip #5 - On Correspond Notify AdminCcs

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Sep 7 14:30:06 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 01:31:03AM +0000, Jennifer Koermer wrote:
>    We've just upgrade to 4.0.6 and are experiencing some issues with notifications.  The current
>    issue is with Scrip #5.  When a priviliged user responds to the ticket via email, Scrip #5
>    runs and notifications are sent to AdminCCs.  When a unpriviliged user (i.e. the requestor)
>    responds to the ticket via email, the correspondence is added to the ticket history, but
>    notifications are not actually sent out to AdminCCs.  I upped the logs and did a side by side
>    comparison of responses via email from a priviliged user and unprivliged user.  I've
>    highlighted the main difference that I see in red.

Since you seem to have customizations, I'm going to mention that there
was a bugfix in 4.0.7 for transactionbatch scrips that was noticed
because the SLA extension was misbehaving for unprivileged users when
the Scrip was made TransactionBatch instead of the normal
TransactionCreate.

If you're using a transactionbatch scrip, I'd suggest testing 4.0.7
It would also be nice to see logs with the 'vanilla' actions and
conditions back in place.

A standard RT will absolutely relay mail from the unprivileged
requestor to the privileged AdminCcs.  This points to either a really
weird bug in RT that your customizations have uncovered, or a problem
with your customizations.

-kevin